What’s On My Needles- Finished Hat/Scarf

My knitting mojo has been just as strong as my sewing mojo of late. I have recently become a podcast viewer.  I’ve subscribed to a handful of sewing, knitting and quilting podcast’s.  I must say the knitting podcasts have really inspired me to hit the needles  and get some WIP’s off my needles. So here are my finished items.

                                     

Bray Cap by Jared Flood 

Column of Leaves Scarf by Brooke Nelson

I loved how this set turned out.  This was a fairly easy knit. The directions for both patterns are well written.  I was able to wear the hat a couple of times.  But the scarf will be for the upcoming Fall/ Winter season.

For this set, I used 2 skiens of Phydeaux Designs worsted merino/cashmere blend in blackberry purchased from my LYS.  I must confess, I didn’t knit a gauge swatch. I used a size 7 US needle as suggested in both patterns. I’m happy with outcome.

I normally do not participate in sew-alongs or knit-alongs.  But I decided to throw caution to the wind.  I added/joined this set to the grocerygirls BBF-KAL on Raverly.

 

Well, until next time ……………keep sewing and knitting!!

 

 

 

In Honor of Curvy Pants Month – V2913


It took some time to complete this outfit, but it’s finally done.  The Curvy Sewing Collective  is honoring pants this month, so that was an added incentive.  I used OOP V2913 for my pants and V1389 for the blouse.  The jacket is from Talbots. The pants fabric is a gray 120 superfine wool from my stash and the blouse is a rayon jersey from emmaonesock.


Vogue V1389 is a suit pattern, but it’s the blouse that I liked.  I’m a fan of a raglan sleeve, it’s easier to fit a fuller arm in my opinion.  I also like that the side seam is move toward the back. It’s hard to see in this print. For this blouse I made a full bust adjustment.  I replaced the cuff with gray fold over elastic and I shorten by 2inches.

Vogue OOP V2913 is a pattern by Sandra Betzina. This pants pattern is one of my go to patterns for pants.  This pattern has the following adjustments. 1) I have full protruding hips, so this means I need more fabric in the back.  I have to add 5.25 inches. So I distribute by adding an inch both to the front and back crotch.  I raise the the center back by the remaining 3.25 inches. 2) I shorten the pattern 1 inch.  With these adjustments, I finally have pants that fit and do not reveal my lovely undies when I sit down.


I love a lining in my pants. Theses pants are lined with a grey bemberg lining.  I like the neat look of RTW on the inside of lined pants.  So I attached the facing to the lining and then attached the lining to the pants.  When I under stitched the waistband I used an invisible thread in the bobbin so the stitches are hardly  seen on the inside. This the first time I’ve used invisible thread, let’s see how it works out.


I find it so liberating to be able to make pants that not only fit, but also suit my style.


Currently, I’m working on a pair of trouser jeans.  I’m using V7881 by Claire Schaeffer.

Until next time………keep sewing!!!!!!

PS…….My Bernina 770QEE has arrived. Stay Tune.