Thought from the sewing room: None today.
I’m a little late with this post. I have been working and harvesting veggies in my garden.
Well I wanted an outfit that was little more relaxed for work but was still professionally business casual. I think this fits the ticket. I only go into the office a couple days a week and I work from home the remainder of the week. But, I still maintain a true business casual dress code when I go to the office. Because of our newly work from home policy(wfh), which I’m totally digging, I’m revamping my work wardrobe. I want to have a good balance of dresses, pants,skirts and blouses. The last two dresses I made, I wore to work and receive complements. That was pretty cool.
For my lined black linen pants I use OOP V2913. I have blog about this pants pattern in the past. So, I will not go into details. For the top I used V8390. Here are the details.
Pattern Description: Wrap front top is gathered at left side. A: halter. B: short sleeve. C: below elbow length sleeve.
Fabric: Black and white rayon jersey from Joann’s I purchased last year. White jersey lining from Emma One Sock.
Pattern Adjustments: About 95% of the time, I will take the time to make muslin’s. Especially, if the garment close or semi fitted. But on this top I winged it. I made the following adjustments an 1/2 inch FBA for knits (I used Louise Cuttings techinque), added width to sleeves, petite adjustment and a swayback adjustment. I cut an 18 in the top and graded to a 20 in the hips. Because this a knit, I decided not to add additional width in the hips.
Sewing Details: This blouse is self lined in the front. Since this jersey is light weight, I was concerned with the balance of the weight on the back. So, I lined the back with a jersey lining to keep the blouse in balance. I used a machine stretch stitch and serged the seam allowances. I used the finished in V1250 for the back neckline and re-adjusted the top stitching down the front.
Conclusion: Overall, I like the pattern and the fit. It adds variety to my current collection of tops. However, I do need to tweak the fit a little more. I need to shorten the wrap a little more. There’s a little too much cleavage for my taste. So, I did a little threading to secure.
Next in my queue is V1329 in linen. I have completed the muslin. But,I need to make a few more ajustments. The goal is have it complete by the end of the weekend.
Well that is all for now.
Until next time……..keep sewing.